We are carrying out a clinical trial with medicine being developed for the treatment of pain. Pain is the most common symptom for which patients seek medical attention and can significantly interfere with a person’s quality of life. Currently, only one in four patients with pain gets adequate pain relief. Available pain-reducing drugs are often associated with unwanted side effects and may not be completely effective.
To qualify for participation:
- You must be a healthy non-smoker aged 20 to 45
- You must weigh between 50 and 90 kg (inclusive) and a have a BMI between the ranges of 18.0 and 25.0.
- You must have NO prior or ongoing medical conditions and you ARE NOT using any prescribed medications that may interfere with your participation in this study.
- Male volunteers, you must agree to use contraception with your partner throughout the study and for 30 days after the study is complete.
- Female volunteers, you must agree to use highly effective methods of contraception throughout the study.
A list of other exclusion criteria will be applied by the Research Doctor to assess your eligibility for the study.
This study will be carried out at our clinical trials unit at Croydon University Hospital in South London. Participation will involve one or more screening visits to our unit and if you are included in the study, three in-house stays of 4 days and 3 nights, and a final follow up visit.
Please see below for the study dates.
In-house stay 1
Admission: Monday, 9th November
Dismissal: Thursday, 12th November
In-house stay 2
Admission: Thursday, 19th November
Dismissal: Sunday, 22nd November
In-house stay 3
Admission: Sunday, 29th November
Dismissal: Wednesday, 2nd December
Final follow-up visit: Thursday,10th December
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £1,800 on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated study plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £3,000 on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated study plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
- Speak to our Volunteer Recruitment team
If you are interested in finding out more Click here to register
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Or call us weekdays between 09h00 and 17h00 on +44 (0) 208 664 5200 (choose option 1) to speak to a member of our Volunteer Recruitment team