Sponsor Name: Surrey Clinical Research Centre
Trial Location : Guildford, Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Area covered : Guildford, Surrey Volunteers would be eligible to apply if they come from the South East of England.
Clinical Trial category: Healthy Volunteers, Senior Citizens
Type of Study: Flu Extension Study- Study 335
Aim of Study: The purpose of this study is to evaluate 2 new influenza (flu) vaccines. It is an extension to an ongoing study FLU005, which assessed the safety of these vaccines and the immune response to different vaccination schedules in volunteers aged 18-50 years.
This study is being done in people aged 50 years or over. The new flu vaccines work in a very different way to the normal flu jab. This study will be comparing how well these vaccines stimulate the immune system both on their own and when used one after the other.
Inclusion Criteria : In order to be involved in the study you must:
• Be a healthy adult aged 50 years or older.
• Be able and willing to comply with all study requirements.
• For women of child bearing potential only – practice continuous effective contraception and be willing to undergo urinary pregnancy tests during the course of the study.
• Refrain from blood donation during the course of the study.
Exclusion Criteria : • Not have a history of a severe allergic reaction to a vaccination.
• Not have an allergy to eggs or Kathon (added to body washes, conditioners, liquid soaps, shampoos and wipes as a preservative)
Duration : n/a
Reimbursement : You will be reimbursed for your time plus travel expenses for your visits.
Other Info : If you would like more information please contact the recruitment team on: 0800 269 847 FREE, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or register you interest on www.helpresearch.co.uk
Notes : Volunteers would be eligible to apply if they come from the South East of England.