1. We have a management and corporate commitment to information security within the organisation and provide clear direction, guidance and responsibilities and procedures in this respect.
2. The company has a compliance officer who deals with security of information and personal data.
3. All employees are briefed on the importance of personal data and security and confidentiality of information obtained.
4. We control physical security in relation to the information and personal data that is contained at our facilities and restrict access to the site, buildings, computer rooms, office desk, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorised access by people could compromise our security.
5. All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained or stored on computer and any that is contained and stored on manual files are locked up and secure.
6. We seek to control access to information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorising and authenticating users as well as software controls for restricting access and techniques for protecting data such as encryption. Encryption is used in connection with our payment facilities for customers.
7. We monitor and log access so as to assist in detection and investigation of security breaches and any attempted breaches where they occur.
8. We maintain a business continuity plan as a contingency plan which identifies our business functions and assets (including personal data) which would need to be maintained in the event of disaster and set out the procedures for protecting and restoring them if necessary.
9. Our staff are trained on security systems and we have relevant procedures in place in relation to the obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. Accordingly staff are aware of information security issues and they can go to the compliance officer with any issues relating to the Data Protection Act, Privacy or personal data. From time to time we endeavour to provide external speakers or representatives of relevant bodies to carry out training or to deliver seminars on the relevant subject.
10. In respect of detection and investigation of breaches where they occur, we have in place relevant controls which should alert us to a breach in security. We endeavour to investigate every breach of security.
11. The personal data and information held by us are currently stored [on the system, help desk system, mass email programme data base, individual account contact manager’s systems together with the training booking spreadsheet, invoicing spreadsheet, Excel spreadsheets, paper form.
12. We are taking and will endeavour to continue to take all reasonable steps in order to protect our information and all personal data. However, the Company cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data disclosed to it or collected by it.
Website is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. The following statement explains Website’s commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, held, used or disclosed.
Information About All Website Visitors
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how Website visitors use our site, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to Website to any outside parties, except when the law requires it.
Information About You Specifically
Website is a career site, we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us. For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, qualifications or medical history. If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union. We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible site experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the Website site to maximise your career development. Website also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide you no longer want to receive them, simply log in to your My Website account and edit your account profile. If you input your information on a co-branded registration page, such as that of a Website and partner company-sponsored contest, then your information will be collected, used and becomes the property of both Website and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In that instance, Website is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives or how it is used. If you do not provide us with the information sought in the required fields Website may be limited in its ability to provide you with services.
Use and Disclosure of the Information We Collect in Profile
We give you the option of putting your Profile in our database. There are two ways of doing this:
- You can store your Profile in our database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential employers or recruiters. Not allowing your Profile to be searchable means that you can use it to apply for a trial online, but employers and recruiters will not have access to search it through our Profile database product.
- You can allow your resume to be searchable by employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals who pay for access to our Profile database and your Profile. When you opt to make your Profile searchable, you still have the choice to make your personal details confidential where all of your contact information and even your current place of employment can remain hidden. We use our best efforts to restrict access to our database only to those who have paid for access; these parties may retain a copy of your Profile in their own files or databases. We take all reasonable steps to ensure parties other than those mentioned above will not, without our consent, gain access to this database. We endeavour to ensure those who gain access to your Profile comply with the relevant privacy laws, however Website is not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of Profiles by any third parties. We may share your information with our related companies. You may remove your Profile from our searchable database at any time.
Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Website allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your My Website account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
If you are buying a product from Website via the Web site, your personal details and credit card information are scrambled using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. Although we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details and credit card information, SSL makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. When we receive your order, it is kept encrypted until we’re ready to process it. Website is committed to keeping the information you provide us with secure. We have security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
The information you provide is stored on the Website database. To provide you with the highest quality service the Website database is located in the United States. When providing information you agree this may be transferred to our overseas database.
Website has areas on the site where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of Website. We may use this feedback, such as success stories, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the site.
We do not collect any information on children. The site is strictly for the age group of 18 and above.
Privacy Commitment Changes
We may make changes to our privacy commitment, we will post those changes on our Web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
Thank you for using Website. We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and advice to help you get ahead in your career. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.